In addition, some Australian states and territories require tutoring services to have public liability insurance in order to obtain or maintain their business license. Even if it’s not required by law, having public liability insurance is still a wise investment for tutors to protect themselves and their businesses from unexpected and potentially costly claims.
It’s important for tutoring services to assess their level of risk and determine whether public liability insurance is necessary for their particular business. The level of risk may vary depending on the type of services they offer, the size of their business, and other factors.
1. Protection against third-party claims: Public liability insurance provides coverage for any third-party claims for property damage, personal injury, or other losses that may arise as a result of the tutor’s work. This is important because tutors often work with students in their homes or other locations where accidents or property damage could occur.
2. Legal compliance: Some Australian states and territories require tutors to have public liability insurance in order to obtain or maintain their business license. Even if it’s not required by law, having public liability insurance can help tutors comply with industry standards and best practices.
3. Peace of mind: Having public liability insurance can give tutors peace of mind knowing that they are protected in the event of an unexpected claim. This can allow them to focus on their work without worrying about the financial impact of a potential claim.
4. Protection of personal assets: If a tutor is held liable for damages or losses as a result of their work, they may be required to pay compensation or legal costs. Without public liability insurance, this could result in the loss of personal assets or even bankruptcy.
5. Competitive advantage: Having public liability insurance can be a competitive advantage for tutors when attracting clients or working with other businesses. Many clients and businesses require proof of insurance before working with a tutor, so having public liability insurance can help tutors win more clients and grow their business.
Public Liability Comparison helps Tutors find cheaper public liability quotes by comparing Australia’s top insurers. Compare quotes for Tutors in NSW & Sydney, SA & Adelaide, ACT & Canberra WA & Perth, Melbourne & Vic and throughout rural Australia.
Publicliabilitycomparison.com.au by Insure 247 Ausure Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd T/as Insure 247 Authorised Representative of Ausure Pty Ltd AFSL 238433.
General Advice Warning: Please be aware that any advice that may have been given or implied is general advice only. We have not taken into consideration your individual needs, objectives or financial requirements. Before deciding to purchase a financial product, you should consider the appropriate Product Disclosure Statement to ensure the product is suitable for your needs.