In addition, some Australian states and territories require handymen to have public liability insurance in order to obtain or maintain their trade license. Even if it’s not required by law, having public liability insurance is still a wise investment for handymen to protect themselves and their businesses from unexpected and potentially costly claims.
It’s important for handymen to assess their level of risk and determine whether public liability insurance is necessary for their particular business. The level of risk may vary depending on the type of work they perform, the size of their business, and other factors.
1. Protection against third-party claims: Public liability insurance provides coverage for any third-party claims for property damage, personal injury, or other losses that may arise as a result of the handyman’s work. This is important because handymen work with a variety of tools and equipment that could potentially cause harm or damage if not properly handled.
2. Legal compliance: Some Australian states and territories require handymen to have public liability insurance in order to obtain or maintain their trade license. Even if it’s not required by law, having public liability insurance can help handymen comply with industry standards and best practices.
3. Peace of mind: Having public liability insurance can give handymen peace of mind knowing that they are protected in the event of an unexpected claim. This can allow them to focus on their work without worrying about the financial impact of a potential claim.
4. Protection of business assets: If a handyman is held liable for damages or losses as a result of their work, they may be required to pay compensation or legal costs. Without public liability insurance, this could result in the loss of business assets or even bankruptcy.
5. Competitive advantage: Having public liability insurance can be a competitive advantage for handymen when bidding for jobs or seeking clients. Many customers and businesses require proof of insurance before hiring a handyman, so having public liability insurance can help handymen win more contracts and grow their business.
Public Liability Comparison helps Handyman find cheaper public liability quotes by comparing Australia’s top insurers. Compare quotes for Handyman in Vic & Melbourne, NSW & Sydney, SA & Adelaide, ACT & Canberra WA & Perth and throughout rural Australia.
Publicliabilitycomparison.com.au by Insure 247 Ausure Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd T/as Insure 247 Authorised Representative of Ausure Pty Ltd AFSL 238433.
General Advice Warning: Please be aware that any advice that may have been given or implied is general advice only. We have not taken into consideration your individual needs, objectives or financial requirements. Before deciding to purchase a financial product, you should consider the appropriate Product Disclosure Statement to ensure the product is suitable for your needs.